By consuming oils, flowers or food products containing CBD, you unlock many virtues to improve your quality of life, but also by eliminating certain risk factors for addiction:
- The soothing and relaxing benefits of legal cannabis, without the mind-altering effect (thanks to the near absence of THC). Purpose: to combat chronic stress, anxiety and sleep disturbances;
- The anti-inflammatory effects of hemp, particularly at the muscle, joint and digestive level;
- The analgesic benefits of legal cannabis, helping to relieve minor daily pains;
- The antioxidant properties of CBD, helping to fight free radicals that promote premature cell aging;
- When applied topically (cream, massage oil, balm, etc.), CBD also deeply nourishes the skin and soothes redness and irritation.
To express its many benefits, CBD acts on the “CB 1” and “CB 2” receptors in your endocannabinoid system.
This mechanism of action allows CBD to play a role in withdrawal from several addictions, including addiction to nicotine, alcohol or opioid drugs.
Buying CBD against addiction: what role against alcoholism?
Are you plagued by alcohol addiction? You are not the only one. According to Santé Publique France, 5 million French people have medical, psychological and social difficulties linked to above-average alcohol consumption.
To shed light on the role of legal hemp products, cannabidiol (CBD) and other cannabinoids (excluding THC) in alcohol withdrawal, let’s go back to the causes of alcoholism:
- Genetic factors, which are by definition an exogenous cause, over which individuals “have no control”. Heavy drinking has been shown to be more common in people who have a family history of alcohol addiction. The most plausible hypothesis would be the presence of specific genes that increase the body’s predisposition to “crave” alcohol;
- Psychological factors: Mood disorders such as anxiety, anxiety and depression are risk factors for alcohol addiction. In some cases, alcohol consumption is first motivated by a desire to manage one’s emotions, before becoming an addiction in the medical sense of the term;
- Socio-Cultural Factors: Social and cultural norms can influence drinking behavior. People who grow up in an environment where alcohol is ubiquitous may be at higher risk of developing alcohol dependence;
- Environmental factors, such as stress, financial difficulties, difficulty sleeping, etc. People who are exposed to these factors may turn to alcohol to manage day-to-day stress.
Thanks to its soothing and relaxing effects, CBD bud smell can help counteract some of the causes of alcohol addiction, including anxiety, stress, anxiety and lack of sleep.
Some studies investigate an additional lead : by acting on the “CB 1” receptors of the brain, CBD and other cannabinoids (excluding THC) could regulate the mechanisms of reward and addiction to reduce alcohol cravings and similar compulsive behaviors.
Buying CBD for addiction: what about smoking?
Tobacco addiction is a physical and psychological dependence on nicotine, the psychoactive substance contained in tobacco products. This addiction is generally manifested by a compulsive need to smoke tobacco, with all the negative consequences that we know, whether on health, social relations or purchasing power.
Tobacco addiction is the leading cause of preventable death worldwide, as nicotine increases the risk of developing cancer, heart disease and lung disease. In France, three out of ten adults report smoking (31.8%), and more than a quarter report smoking daily (25.5%), according to a study by Santé Publique France.
Smoking withdrawal is usually accompanied by more or less intense symptoms, including headaches, mood disorders, compulsive eating disorders, omnipresent stress, anxiety, etc. And it is precisely at this level that cannabidiol products can play a role.
The role of the endocannabinoid system in tobacco and nicotine addiction has been of interest to the scientific community since the early 2010s. In this UK study, a single oral dose of 800 mg of CBD bud smell reduced the “pleasureness” of smoking after one night of abstinence in daily smokers.
Buying CBD for opioid drug addiction
Opioids are a class of drugs widely used to relieve pain, reduce coughing, and treat certain digestive disorders like persistent diarrhea. These powerful drugs are also used to treat morphine and heroin addiction.
If particularly effective, opioids can be highly addictive and have disabling side effects. Withdrawal is accompanied by intense symptoms. The fact that opioids are produced from poppy harvest or from synthetic products such as fentanyl and codeine is probably not unrelated to this observation. These drugs also have a psychoactive effect, impacting mood and cognitive processes.
- The number of hospitalizations related to the overconsumption of this type of medicine increased by +167% during the same period;
- The number of deaths linked to these painkillers jumped by +146% during the same period;
- According to L’Assurance Maladie, at least one French person dies every 42 hours as a result of overconsumption of opioids.